Please note OCCSA urges skiers to use the 52nd /Railroad Ave. entrance off of Longbridge Road to enter Pentwater Pathways. The two-track from Wayne Road is PRIVATE and NO LONGER PLOWED. From juncture of Monroe Rd. and Longbridge, drive two miles on Longbridge Road around Pentwater Lake. Turn left on Railroad Ave.(also known as 52nd Ave.); drive one mile to Pentwater Pathways trailhead and parking lot on the left, Jackson Rd.on the right.
Crystal Valley Fun Fest 2018:
- CANCELLED due to ice Saturday, January 13, 2018, 1:00-3:30 p.m., featuring FREE loan of adult and children’s ski equipment on first-come-first-served basis, and refreshments. Donations for the Crystal Valley Care Fund will be welcome. CANCELLED due to ice
Hart Winter Fest 2018:
- CANCELLED due to lack of snowSaturday, February 3, 2018- Hart Winter Fest, John Gurney Park, 12:00-3:00 p.m., featuring FREE loan of adult and children's ski equipment on first-come-first-served basis, and refreshments.CANCELLED due to lack of snow
Pentwater Pathways Winter Fest 2018:
- Saturday, February 10, 2018- Pentwater Pathways Winter Fest, 12:00-3:00 p.m., featuring FREE loan of adult and children's ski equipment on first-come-first-served basis, and refreshments. If no snow, event will be postponed to Feb. 17.
- Board Meetings - open to all - will be held on the first Tuesday of the month (please contact us via web/email for more information and location)
- Pentwater Pathways Access Change: Please note OCCSA urges skiers to use the 52nd/Railroad Ave. entrance off of Longbridge Road to enter Pentwater Pathways. The two-track from Wayne Road is PRIVATE and NO LONGER PLOWED. From Longbridge and Monroe Roads, follow Longbridge two miles around Pentwater Lake to Railroad Avenue, last road on left before B-15. Go one mile to Pentwater Pathways Trail on left, Jackson Road on right.
- Kids' Ski Program - Thanks to private donations and a grant from the Oceana Youth Fund of the Community Foundation for Oceana County, OCCSA now has a good supply of ski equipment for children, ages 5-12. Each winter, OCCSA introduces the sport of cross country skiing to Third and Fourth Grade students in all of the elementary schools in the county - Hart, Pentwater, Shelby, and Walkerville.
Donations for the purchase of additional boots and new bindings for some adult skis are still welcome; the larger size ski equipment will enable OCCSA to better serve older children as well as adults at the annual Winter Fest.